Each season is unique and a perfect opportunity to explore the beautiful seaside resort of Cape May. We will admit though we are not sad to say goodbye to the doldrums of winter. We are ready to say hello to spring! Bring on the rising temperatures, blooming gardens and stunning beauty that comes alive all over Cape May. If you are planning a spring getaway, look no further than the stunning area of Cape May, NJ.
Five Things to do This Spring in Cape May
- Whale watching – The Delaware Bay is rich in marine life and whales come and go to feed so they can really be seen throughout the year. The spring however is a great opportunity to take a whale watching cruise with the Cape May Whale Watcher. They offer whale and dolphin watching day cruises. Each cruise is fully narrated with the captain also pointing out other marine life and points of history. The cruises are three hours and parking is free at Miss Chris Marina.
- Fine wine at the vineyards – How about an afternoon of wine tasting at a vineyard in a beautiful setting? The Cape May Wine Trail, at 19-miles long brings you through some of the most beautiful scenic shoreline in South Jersey. Some of the wineries near our hotel include Hawk Haven Vineyard & Winery, Cape May Winery and Vineyard, and Willow Creek Winery to name just a few.
- Stroll the beautiful beaches – The landscape of spring against the backdrop of Cape May beaches make this area a memorable place for a spring getaway. One perk of the off season is that beach tags aren’t required yet. There is something about being near water that just calms the soul. Bring a blanket and have a beach picnic, catch a sunrise or sunset or pack a frisbee for some fun on the shore.
- Climb the Cape May Lighthouse – First lit in 1859, the Cape May Lighthouse opened to the public in 1988. It is a top attraction in the area and has since seen millions of visitors. Hike to the top of the lighthouse or explore the walking trails nearby. There is also a Museum Shop with books, souvenirs, and maritime items.
- Enjoy a dinner out – A nice aspect of spring is the crowds are fewer at your favorite restaurants! We have a restaurant right here at our hotel called the Mad Batter. Our award-winning restaurant that has been serving the community for 40 years. It’s a breakfast-to-dinner bistro with a fun, cozy atmosphere. Enjoy Happy Hour Happy Hour and live music every night and “Open Mic” night on Sundays. Guests of the hotel enjoy breakfast vouchers and 30% off dinner entrees with their stay.
Lastly, don’t miss out on our Spring Fling special! Come enjoy a mid-week spring getaway Sunday through Thursday in Historic Cape May. Book one night and get the second night 50% off!
Included with this amazing deal is a bottle of wine upon arrival, 2 Historic District trolley tour tickets, a wine tasting at Hawk Haven Vineyards & a $30 breakfast voucher for each morning of your stay/30% off dinner entrees at our award winning restaurant, The Mad Batter!
Book online by inputting your dates and select the “Spring Fling” rate or call us direct at (609) 884-9619.
Valid March 1st – April 30th. Available for any King or
Queen rooms, excluding rooms: 4, 6, 13, 21, 20, & 28.
This offer cannot be combined with other special offers or third party gift certificates.
Blackout dates: March 29th & April 12th & 19th.