Would it be ok if we bragged just a little? TravelMag recently identified Cape May among its 30 most charming beach towns in the United States! In addition to its charm, Cape May was also noted for its distinctive architecture, diversity and natural beauty. While 2020 hasn’t been the year of satisfying the wanderlust itch, Cape May charm is still alive and well and awaits your visit whenever that may be! We know many are doing their best to get outdoors and travel shorter distances where possible while staying safe. We invite you to a relaxing stay in Cape May, America’s oldest seaside resort.
We’ve got a few changes coming on the horizon with gyms, indoor amusement and water parks reopening September 1st and restaurants opening for indoor dining at 25% capacity September 4th. But what else can you do during a trip to Cape May?
Exploring Beautiful Cape May
- Did you know that Cape May is home to a National Historic District with nearly 600 preserved Victorian buildings? Take some time for a stroll through the neighborhoods and see some of the architecture for yourself.
- We have several unique beaches, with Higbee Beach, Steger Beach and Poverty Beach being some of the main attractions in the area. There is also a beautiful promenade that runs beside the beaches, offering the perfect spot for jogging or biking.
- The Cape May Lighthouse, dating back to 1859, is the perfect location for a stunning view of the sea and surrounding landscape.
- Enjoy some alone time with your sweetheart on a romantic carriage ride with the Cape May Carriage Company.
- Jewelry shops, clothing stores, unique souvenirs and candy stores can all be found at the Washington Street Mall.
- Check out the new new Brewtanical Garden at the Cape May Brewery. It is open Monday through Saturday, noon to 6pm, Sundays noon to 4pm.
Do you want to stay in the know? Sign up for our email newsletter to learn about promotions and upcoming events at Carroll Villa Hotel and The Mad Batter Restaurant, as well as what’s going on in and around Cape May! If you are ready to plan your next vacation to beautiful Cape May, America’s oldest seaside resort, book online today!