Sometimes things just don’t go our way, wouldn’t you agree? Poet Maya Angelou once said, “I’ve learned that you can tell a lot about a person by the way he/she handles these three things: a rainy day, lost luggage, and tangled Christmas tree lights.” We can probably agree that tangles of Christmas lights can get the best of us but here in Cape May a rainy day never has to win out! There is a lot to do indoors should the weather take a turn during your visit with us. We thought we’d share just a few things do to so you have a list ready to turn to should you be on the hunt for fun indoor activities.
5 Ways to Spend the Day Indoors in Cape May
- Let your artistic side come alive and spend time at Art Block. They offer a wide variety of activities that all ages would enjoy. Choose from canvas painting, soap making, pottery painting, glass painting, and more. They are located on Washington Street, just a few minutes away from our hotel.
- Enjoy a bit of history at the Cape May Fireman’s Museum, where admission is free to the public. They have a unique 1928 American La France Antique Fire Engine housed inside the museum. It’s a neat place to visit!
- Take in a show at the Cape May Stage. They put on a variety of wonderful shows throughout the year. Their 2018 season will start in May.
- Check out the largest indoor tasting room in New Jersey at 7 Mile Brewery. Delicious beers, great food and live music by local performers most Saturdays and Sundays.
- Melt your worries and tense muscles and treat yourself to some time at the Cape May Day Spa. They offer a variety of services from massage to hydrotherapies to facials and specials for hands and feet. Note: they will be closed for renovations January 16-31, 2018.
Even when the weather doesn’t go our way, there is plenty to see and do and when you choose our hotel for accommodations, you can also relax in your private luxurious sweet, complete with all of the amenities you need to truly feel at home. Book your winter or spring Cape May getaway today!