Considered the granddaddy of Cape May restaurants, The Mad Batter Restaurant offers award-winning dining for breakfast, lunch, and dinner at the Carroll Villa Hotel. Dine in our cozy sky lit dining room, our sunny garden terrace room, or on our beautiful front porch overlooking Cape May’s historic Jackson Street. As home to one of Cape May’s best crab cakes, we are also famous for our Bloody Marys and fresh squeezed orange juice Mimosas!
Reservations for Dinner: 609-884-5970 or Book Online with OpenTable.com.
- Best of Cape May 2014: “Best Brunch” and “Best Happy Hour” -CapeMay.com
- 2014 OpenTable Diner’s Choice Awards: Outdoor Dining, Neighborhood Gem, Contemporary American, Kid Friendly
- 2014 Restaurants Worth Travelling For -Flipkey.com
- Best of Cape May 2013: “Best Brunch” – “Best Breakfast” – “Best Happy Hour” -CapeMay.com
- Best of Cape May 2012: “Best Brunch” -CapeMay.com
- Best of Cape May 2011: “Best Brunch” and “Best Restaurant” -CapeMay.com
- Cape May County Chamber of Commerce Conservation Award, October 20, 2011
- New Jersey’s Governor Diamond Award as a Cape May destination point
The Blue Batter Bar
Hands down, the most fun and relaxed atmosphere of any Cape May restaurant! Enjoy half-priced drinks every day during Happy Hour from 3 to 6 pm. and live music nightly, featuring some of Cape May’s most talented artists. We also have a light fare/bistro menu available!
We look forward to having you stay with us at our historic Cape May hotel!